extremehunter

Friday 28 November 2014

Globe-owned sites defaced by hackers




Posted at 11/28/2014 6:30 PM | Updated as of 11/28/2014 7:09 PM
MANILA (UPDATE) – Several microsites owned by Globe Telecom were defaced by a group of Filipino hackers to protest the firm's "poor internet service."
Tech blog Coorms.com reported the group BloodSec Hackers defaced four Globe-owned sites with the message, “Dear GLOBE, Your service on your internet connection is not worthy what we pay for. Do something or expect the consequence. This is just the beginning. Expect Us!”
In a statement, Globe Telecom confirmed the report, saying it detected a defacement on the four Globe microsites hosted by third-party vendor Movent at 10 p.m., November 27.
Globe said it took down the four microsites (mybusiness.globe.com.ph, duo.globe.com.ph, payroll.globe.csme.com and update.globe-csme.com) immediately to conduct  appropriate security checks.
"The server where the four websites are hosted is managed by a third party partner and outside of the Globe Corporate and Enterprise Network, where appropriate preventive and detective controls are in place. The attack is isolated on their end and was brought about by an unpatched vulnerability which is currently being addressed. Rest assured, our security incident response teams are currently investigating and conducting forensics in various areas to make sure that the incident is properly managed," Globe Chief Information Security Officer Anton Bonifacio said.
Globe assured customers that no critical customer data have been compromised since the information are not stored in the affected websites. It noted the four microsites are only used for advertising and marketing purposes only and are not connected to any of the private internal customer systems.
As of Friday afternoon, the message on all four sites have been removed.
However, the sites are still offline, with an advisory saying the firm is “currently conducting a maintenance activity to improve system performance.”
“You can reach us through any of these online channels if you need any help with your billing and other Globe services,” the advisory added.
Globe also said that its own Globe-hosted websites were not compromised.

4 comments:

  1. He is no scam,i tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all i had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,i used $500 to get a job of over $50000 done all thanks to Walt,he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how i can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family

    Gmail; Brillianthackers800@gmail.com
    Whatsapp number; +1(224)2140835

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never believed in Bitcoin Retrieval because people around me told me it’s not possible. Sometimes last year I fell for a binary option scam which promised me a higher return and I lost close to $90,000 worth of bitcoins, I felt so sad and devastated at the same time and i lost all hope. Few months ago I read a lot of reviewed on bitcoin site how digital currency had helped them recover their stolen bitcoin as regards a recovery expert and genius so I contacted him via his Email (davidryer69@gmail.com), He's a good trader as well. He still invest for clients to make huge guarantee return profits for clients in 14days, So i explained my ordeal how I was scammed and he promised to help me get all my bitcoin back and to my greatest surprise I got all bitcoins recovered within 48 hours. Contact him with the Email above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never believed in Bitcoin Retrieval because people around me told me it’s not possible. Sometimes last year I fell for a binary option scam which promised me a higher return and I lost close to $90,000 worth of bitcoins, I felt so sad and devastated at the same time and i lost all hope. Few months ago I read a lot of reviewed on bitcoin site how digital currency had helped them recover their stolen bitcoin as regards a recovery expert and genius so I contacted him via his Email (davidryer69@gmail.com), He's a good trader as well. He still invest for clients to make huge guarantee return profits for clients in 14days, So i explained my ordeal how I was scammed and he promised to help me get all my bitcoin back and to my greatest surprise I got all bitcoins recovered within 48 hours. Contact him with the Email above.

    ReplyDelete